Be INFORMED

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bush Endorses John McCain As GOP Presidential Nomination

   Like we are all surprised to hear this one. But I guess that now it is all official and all of that crap. George Bush, our Resident in Chief, has endorsed Senator John McCain as the Republican Presidential wannabe. I can just hear all of the hooting and hollering from the CPAC members as I type this.

  From the Rose Garden, Bush said "John showed incredible courage, strength of character and perseverance in order to get to this moment and that's exactly what we need in a president _ somebody who can handle the tough decisions, somebody who won't flinch in the face of danger."

"A while back I don't think many people would have thought that John McCain would be here as the nominee of the Republican Party, Except he knew he'd be here and so did his wife, Cindy."

"If my showing up and endorsing him helps him _ or if I'm against him and it helps him _ either way, I want him to win. This is an age-old question that every president has had to answer, and there is an appropriate amount of campaigning for me to do. But they're not going to be voting for me."  More Here

   I guess that the Republican's liked Bush's two terms in office because a vote for McCain is a vote for the continued policies of George Bush. 70% of us have had more than enough of Bush and the Republican bullshit for the past eight years, so, in order to avoid four more years of it, we have to get those Democrats who will vote for McCain if Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, to not cut their noses off to spite their faces, and to stick with the Democratic ticket.

    i do not like Hillary Clinton to much myself, but I will certainly not cast my vote for McCain because of dislike for the candidate. That line of reason makes no sense at all. For that matter, I do not care for Barack Obama all to much either, but I care less for more of the McCain ( GOP ) party.

0 Comments: