Be INFORMED

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Barack Obama: Telecom Amnesty Not Important Issue

  A quote from Mr. Obama:

   "The bill has changed. So I don't think the security threats have changed, I think the security threats are similar. My view on FISA has always been that the issue of the phone companies per se is not one that overrides the security interests of the American people."

  I guess that it isn't enough that the FISA Bill does more than enough to help protect America because now even our Democratic Presidential contender has no problem with the phone companies spying on you and I for the government.

   Obama once said that he'd support a filibuster of the bill if it came to that and he also said, " I strongly oppose retroactive immunity in the FISA bill."

   Maybe someone in the Senate needs to filibuster the FISA Bill and then we can all see if Obama keeps his word. Without his word being good, Senator Obama is just another politician!

0 Comments: