Be INFORMED

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Obama And Blagojevich: Nothing There Folks so Move Along

  DKos

Obama Wouldn't Play

by BarbinMD   Tue Dec 09, 2008

When the news of the arrest of Illinois Governor Rob Blagojevich broke, it took the RNC less than an hour to try and tie him to President-elect Barack Obama, an attempt so pitiful that even the Washington Times wasn't buying it. Apparently the RNC didn't bother to read the Criminal Complaint.

Here's where it talks about Candidate 1, Obama's preference to replace him in the US Senate:

By this time, media reports indicated that Senate Candidate 1, an advisor to the President-
elect, was interested in the Senate seat if it became vacant, and was likely to be supported by the President-elect.  During the call, ROD BLAGOJEVICH stated, “unless I get something real good for [Senate Candidate 1], shit, I’ll just send myself, you know what I’m saying....And if I don’t get what I want and I’m not satisfied with it, then I’ll just take the Senate seat myself.”  Later, ROD BLAGOJEVICH stated that the Senate seat “is a fucking valuable thing, you just don’t give it away for nothing.”

But Obama wouldn't play:

ROD BLAGOJEVICH stated that he is "struggling"  financially and does "not want to be Governor for the next two years."  ROD BLAGOJEVICH said that the consultants (Advisor B and another consultant are believed to be on the call at that time) are telling him that he has to "suck it up" for two years and do nothing and give this "motherfucker [the President-elect] his senator.  Fuck him.  For nothing?  Fuck him."  ROD BLAGOJEVICH states that he will put "[Senate Candidate 4]" in the Senate "before I just give fucking [Senate Candidate 1] a fucking Senate seat and I don't get anything."

Later in the conversation, ROD BLAGOJEVICH said he knows that the President-elect wants Senate Candidate 1 for the open seat but "they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation. Fuck them."

No, fuck you, Governor.

Too bad for the Republicans that Blagojevich had no role in Obama's campaign, his transition, and that the two men have never been close.

0 Comments: