Be INFORMED

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Newest Ubuntu O/S and Firefox 4

  This is a rant! First off, I have been using the Linux Ubuntu operating system for about 3 years or so. I love this system very much as it generally beats anything that Microsoft has to offer. Ubuntu has always been safer, faster, and a hell of a lot more stable than Windows could ever hope to be. I have a dual-boot setup which consist of Windows 7 Ultimate and Ubuntu 11.4, which is the newest upgrade of the system.

   Why still have a Windows system if I seldom use it? Because the Ubuntu team has yet to come up with any kind of blogging software that I would deem useful. On Windows, or on anything else for that matter, Windows Live Writer beats the rest hands down.

   Anyway. I upgraded from Ubuntu 10.10 to version 11.4 a few weeks ago. It came with the new Firefox 4 installed, and I must say that I’ve had nothing but problems with this setup. I’m not sure which one is the problem, the system or the browser, but I feel as if I’m on a Windows system as of late.

   I gave up on Windows because of the many freezes that were encountered while either surfing or doing actual work. Windows users know the story so I will not elaborate any further.

   This Firefox/Ubuntu setup must have been created by some former Microsoft employees as they act the same as Windows. WTF?? Someone please remind me of why this is better than Windows.

   I’ve also run into the problem of Ubuntu deciding that it wants to shut down and reboot while I am in the middle of doing things. Whenever things freeze up, I have to pull the plug on my laptop and boot-up from scratch, and that gets very annoying to me.

   Come Ubuntu/Mozilla! Get with the program or do I have to switch to a Mac? Ubuntu could at least touch upon the subject in their forums.

 

0 Comments: