Be INFORMED

Friday, March 30, 2007

Kyle Sampson Has " I Don't remember " Seizure 122 Times During Testimony

    Gotta love those criminal Republicans!

          

Kyle Sampson

"I could have and should have helped to prevent this," Sampson offered. "I let the attorney general and the department down. . . . I failed to organize a more effective response. . . . It was a failure on my part. . . . I will hold myself responsible. . . . I wish we could do it all over again."

   Since Sampson was under orders to do these things, I am sure that doing the right thing was the farthest thought from his mind.

   In case you haven't heard yet, the Republicans mistakenly ( ? ) sent word  to the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy , saying,

"We've just received word that the Republicans have objected, under the Senate rules, to this meeting continuing."   Source

    The Republicans are saying that it was an accident, but how do you accidentally send out a notice such as this one? This action disrupted the entire hearings for quite some time in which the Democrats pretty much had a field day complaining about the GOP.

"The Republicans are the ones that don't want to have the hearing," Leahy inveighed. "What bothers me is if nobody has anything to hide, why not have these hearings, why not have them in the open?" In the senatorial equivalent of the "we shall fight on the beaches" speech, he continued: "We will have the hearings if we have to have them in the evenings or on weekends or during recess!"

      It is noted that Sampson had used the "I don't remember" phrase 122 times during over seven hours of questioning.

   Some of the questions and answers.

Leahy: "Since the 2004 election, did you speak with the president about replacing U.S. attorneys?"

Sampson: "I don't ever remember speaking to the president after the 2004 election."  ( He remembered later that he had )

Leahy: "Did you have further communications with the White House regarding the plan to regard and replace several U.S. attorneys?"

Sampson:"I don't remember specifically."

Leahy:"I wish you did remember.I would hope that you would search your memory as we go along."

After Schumer elicited three consecutive I-don't-remembers, John Cornyn (R-Tex.) objected to the questioning style.

Leahy overruled him. "We're trying to find what in heaven's name he does remember," the chairman said.

Schumer persisted, eventually asking the witness a question about Rove's role. "I don't remember," Sampson said. "I don't remember anything like that. I don't think so. I don't remember. I don't remember."     WaPo

   So what is the going rate for convenient memory these days? Bush and Cheney must be handing out the Richard Nixon staff control  " I don't remember " manual to all of their co-conspirators just in case they feel the need to slip up and tell the truth.

   In the real world, you and I could be arrested just for being suspected of doing something against that is against the law even if the police have very little evidence to support the arrest.

   Maybe the feds should start showing up in some of these politicians offices with some arrest warrants and leading these crooks out in handcuffs. Even with all of their lawyers in tow, I'll bet that the memories of quite a few of them would get better really fast, especially with an arrest on their record.

   It's just a though, mind you.

    

0 Comments: