Be INFORMED

Monday, March 05, 2007

John Edwards Speaks On Faith And God

   Presidential candidate John Edwards did an interview with David Kuo from BeliefNet and he had the opportunity to discuss his religious faith and the role that it plays in his decisions.

   I am of the personal opinion that those so-called Christian conservative's and the rest of the groups that claim to be Christians,Coulter is one who comes to mind, should heed some of John Edward's learning's. 

Belief Net

Interview by David Kuo

John Edwards 


What parts of American life do you think would most outrage Jesus?
Our selfishness. Our resort to war when it's not necessary. I think that Jesus would be disappointed in our ignoring the plight of those around us who are suffering and our focus on our own selfish short-term needs. I think he would be appalled, actually.

Do you have a favorite prayer?
No. My praying is more conversational than that. It is me explaining to God what I am going through, what our family is going through, and asking him to help me see the way, to do what's right.
And asking him also, which I do regularly, to allow me not to focus on myself and my own selfish desires. Because I am a sinner and selfish, like every human being on the planet. And asking him to give me the power to get outside that and do what he would have me to do. That's sort of the heart and soul of my prayer.
In what ways do you feel God is happiest with you right now?
I think he would be happy with the fact that I have focused on people who live in poverty here and people without healthcare. And the suffering of others in other parts of the world, like some of the work that I've done on humanitarian issues in Africa, for example, and going to the slums outside of Delhi and India.
Focusing on problems in a very personal way that exist, and without regard to my own selfish ambitions, talking about things that may not seem so politically powerful, but are important to me, and I think important to God.          Entire Article



, ,

0 Comments: