Be INFORMED

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

George McGovern Sees Forced Resignation Of Bush/Cheney

   I ran across this little piece in the LATimes and thought it worth sharing with you.

George McGovern: Cheney is wrong about me, wrong about war

The 1972 presidential nominee strikes back at the vice president for comparing today's Democrats to the McGovern platform.

By George S. McGovern, GEORGE S. MCGOVERN, a former U.S. senator from South Dakota, was the Democratic nominee for president in 1972.
April 24, 2007

Cheney said that today's Democrats have adopted my platform from the 1972 presidential race and that, in doing so, they will raise taxes. But my platform offered a balanced budget. I proposed nothing new without a carefully defined way of paying for it. By contrast, Cheney and his team have run the national debt to an all-time high.

   On the competence of Cheney and Bush to talk about war McGovern wrote:

In the war of my youth, World War II, I volunteered for military service at the age of 19 and flew 35 combat missions, winning the Distinguished Flying Cross as the pilot of a B-24 bomber. By contrast, in the war of his youth, the Vietnam War, Cheney got five deferments and has never seen a day of combat — a record matched by President Bush.

THE VICE PRESIDENT spoke with contempt of my '72 campaign, but he might do well to recall that I began that effort with these words: "I make one pledge above all others — to seek and speak the truth." We made some costly tactical errors after winning the nomination, but I never broke my pledge to speak the truth. That is why I have never felt like a loser since 1972. In contrast, Cheney and Bush have repeatedly lied to the American people.

It is my firm belief that the Cheney-Bush team has committed offenses that are worse than those that drove Nixon, Vice President Spiro Agnew and Atty. Gen. John Mitchell from office after 1972. Indeed, as their repeated violations of the Constitution and federal statutes, as well as their repudiation of international law, come under increased consideration, I expect to see Cheney and Bush forced to resign their offices before 2008 is over.  LATimes

     The United States of America would be very fortunate of Cheney and Bush were forced to resign from office and then prosecuted for their unending string of criminal activity. It would also be very nice if Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld and a few others were then handed over to the World Court for their crimes against humanity and war crimes.

    We should be so lucky! Read the rest of McGovern's article in the LATimes as it is a great opinion piece!

Tags:

 

Ads by AdGenta.com

0 Comments: