Be INFORMED

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rep. Renzi Resigns Two More Committee Seats

    Rep. Rick Renzi (R-AZ) said today that he is resigning "all my committee assignments." He left his seat at the House Intelligence Committee last week so he will now leave a seat at the  Committee on Financial Services and another at the Committee on Natural Resources.

   As you may recall, the F.B.I. raided one of his family businesses last week and he is being investigated for taking a  kickback on a land deal.

     Renzi's statement:

"For several weeks, I have been the subject of leaked stories, conjecture, and false attacks about a land exchange. None of them bear any resemblance to the truth.

"So that no one can question the motivation behind the land exchange, which I and other leaders from both parties have argued is critical to the future of Arizona, I have spoken to Congressman Pastor who will introduce a new version of the Resolution Copper land exchange. In addition, I will take a leave of absence from all my committee assignments. I will continue to focus on important district work and issues critical to my constituents."         TPM

   If the F.B.I. can keep this up, we'll have many more  of the Republican gutter crawlers resigning and facing a locked-up vacation.

Tags:

0 Comments: