Be INFORMED

Monday, December 18, 2006

FCC's McDowell Not Voting On AT&T/Bellsouth Merger

Federal Communications Commissioner Robert McDowell  said he will not be participating in the vote on the AT&T/Bellsouth merger because of ethics considerations.

    Mr. McDowell, a Republican, will probably now be sent into timeout by the Bushco Crime Family because of this action.

   Mr. McDowell at his press conference Monday,"To earn the public's trust and in the integrity and impartiality of their government, in light of these factors, I find that I have no choice but to abide by the terms of my ethics agreement, heed the independent advice of the Office of Government Ethics and my ethics counsel, and ultimately to follow my own personal sense of ethics. Accordingly, I disqualify myself from this matter."   CNET News

   A Republican in government who did the right thing!

0 Comments: