Be INFORMED

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Stories Worth Reading

   I'm sure that you have noticed over the past week that my posting was very minimal. I have had a very busy week and since I do this by myself, I did not have the chances to keep up with things as I would like to do.  This weekend is no different as I will be out taking care of other obligations that I have.So, I will leave you with some stories to check out from various other sites.

American dead of the Iraq and Afghan occupations come disproportionately from rural America.   War On Iraq

Top 10 Solutions for a More Perfect Union

By Katrina vanden Heuvel, The Nation.January 27, 2007.

There are ten good bills awaiting passage in Congress that could make a real difference.         Alternet

                                * * * *

The Terrorists of Our Imagination Aren't Muslims ... They're Us   By Anneli Rufus, Alternet. Posted January 27, 2007.

Terrorism is now the stuff of fiction, as a glance at the best-seller lists will attest. But while Islamic plotters make the headlines, the terrorists we find on the bookshelves live in our own backyard.  

                             * * * *

What happens to your emails when you die?

Posted by Heather Gehlert at 1:38 PM on January 26, 2007.

Heather Gehlert: If you don't decide who should gain access to your digital property, a court might for you.    Alternet

                         * * * *

0 Comments: