Be INFORMED

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Israel's First Muslim Cabinet Minister,Lieberman Not Necessarily Voting Democrat In 2008

    The wingnuts must be in therapy after hearing about the Israeli government overwhelmingly approving a Muslim Cabinet minister on Sunday.

Majadele told AP Television News that his goals as a Cabinet minister would be "promoting coexistence between the two peoples inside the state, and promoting dialogue between the Palestinians and the Israelis toward negotiations and political agreement."

                                       * * * *                                              

 Sen. Joe Lieberman was on "Fox News Sunday"  and told host Chris Wallace that he would not necessarily vote for a Democrat in the 2008 election.

WALLACE: Let's look ahead to 2008. Are there any Democrats who appear to be running at this point that you could support for president?

LIEBERMAN: Are there any Democrats who don't appear to be running at this point? Look, I've had a very political couple of years in Connecticut, and I'm stepping back for a while to concentrate on being the best senator I can be for my state and my country.

I'm also an Independent-Democrat now, and I'm going to do what most Independents and a lot of Democrats and Republicans in America do, which is to take a look at all the candidates and then in the end, regardless of party, decide who I think will be best for the future of our country.

So I'm open to supporting a Democrat, Republican or even an Independent, if there's a strong one. Stay tuned.

 

Technorati tags: , , ,

 

Ads by AdGenta.com

0 Comments: