Be INFORMED

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Asian Markets Open Lower Amid US Recession Fears

From BBC

Steep dip as Asian markets open

Asian stock markets have opened sharply lower after the biggest drop in Chinese stocks in a decade triggered a steep slide in global markets.

Japan's TOPIX index dipped 5.04% while the country's Nikkei 225 stock index fell 693.50 points, or 3.83%.

The slips were echoed in the South Korean capital, Seoul, where the country's benchmark index fell 3.9%.

Tuesday's falls were sparked by a near-9% slide in Shanghai and comments fuelling fears of a US recession.

   It's sort of funny the way many people have been acting since the Dow Jones dropped some 416 points on Tuesday. I suspect that we will see more of the same on Wednesday while the other world markets worry about a U.S. recession being on the horizon.

   I own stocks of various companies so I have been asked quite a bit today if I was concerned with the drop. My answer? No, I'm not. I don't even think about it. What's to worry about? We have to have a correcting once in awhile and this is all that I see this as, with a few minor irritations thrown in.

   I look at this as a great buying opportunity because that's all it is,for now.
, , , ,

 

 

Ads by AdGenta.com

0 Comments: